Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Why are you here at 5am?


So I am at Melrose Arch gym, and it's cold and dark. How come the place is full of people running, swimming, cycling and gyming. Why aren't they curled up at home sleeping?

See I have a good reason to be here. I do a sport. I'm trying to improve my performance. But what about these wives and husbands, some are even pregnant mothers. Why are you here? Surely it's not so important to have to be up at the crack just to...look good.

Well, I believe the answer is 'looking good' has never - in the past - been more important to us than it is now. If I can make a prediction, it will never be this important again.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I wish I had your "houding". I am watching myself get a little rounder and am stuck to the floor when any form of exercise comes into my head.