Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Rosebank, My Rosebank

Sitting in "It never rains in California" California, watching the rain come down has me thinking back to the second last day I spent in South Africa.

Sitting having coffee between The Zone and the Rosebank Mall, watching people go by with their lives.

The animation and friendliness is what makes me crave "Home" so much.

There's a saying of "You don't know what you've got, until it's gone". Never a truer word spoken.

The power that is Rosebank, the power that is South Africa is one that no one should under estimate, and I hope to return soon to my Rosebank!

4 comments:

Nick said...

I was never a fan of Joburg until I started living here. I immediately took a liking to Rosebank. It's more familair, more laid back, more like a village than the hustle and bustle of shoppy Sandton. Rosebank feels very cosmopiltan, which is lekker.

Nick said...

errr...that's cosmopolitan. sorry.

Abby said...

It definitely is, it's not as pretentious as Sandton, who seems to be a copy of Californian pretentiousness

Nick said...

LA Story the movie is all about that sort of pretentiousness. I'll have a double decaf with a twist of lemon.