Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Staggering the Holidays


I had to drop off my bicycle in Illovo on the way to work today. I'd expected a traffic nightmare, but it was actually remarkably quiet. Oh ja! A LOT of people are still on holiday. Great! Stay on holiday!

Now would anyone mind if we stagger Easter, Christmas and New Year. It would mean we could send a constant stream of traffic to the country's beaches while the rest of us can get to hurt unhindered. It makes perfect sense. Why queue to get to work, queue to go on holiday, if we can keep the system rolling and so avoid Bottlenecks.

Right so if no one minds, I am going to take my Christmas holidays around December 25, and New Years around New Years. You guys can sort out your own pseudo year calendars with pseudo New year's ;-)

No comments: