Sunday, March 15, 2009

My First Solo Photographic Exhibition

"Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly." -- Gilbert Keith Chesterton

NVDL: I called this exhibition Wizardry With Color and Light. I'd like to do another one this year, Ambient Light (also publicising my new Photo Blog).

"Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly." -- Gilbert Keith Chesterton

It's not easy to do your own exhibition. For starters, you need to be a perfectionist, and the more you are, the more you're likely to give everyone around you headaches. If you have a good team around you (of perfectionists) they ought to drive you to the brink of insanity en route to putting on a good show. It's normal, but it's not nice. Well, some of it is fun.

The exhibition I held on Friday May 4 was my first; it was themed around color and light, and magic. It was also about lightness, and manipulation. Every day we are manipulated and attempting to manipulate the world. Left brain human beings attempt to find rules to follow, and if there aren't any, they make them. Right brain people operate more holistically. They are the ones who try to change the world to suit them. I guess that's me.
 blog it

No comments: